Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gimp Mapping-Fu

Using the photo I posted yesterday I have been practicing my l33t mapping skills in gimp following RobA's tutorial Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map at Cartographers Guild.com I thought I would post the result of too many hours of practice. (click the thumbnail for a larger 1.4 Meg version.)

It is still not where I want it to be, but it is getting much closer.
Though the mountains and forests look pretty good, the grass/land needs improvement; I still haven't added the city and forest of glass on the southwest Continent on the river delta; I need more labels for things; The islands need help and the sea texture is a bit too coarse; I also need to add a compass rose, scale and other eye candy.

Snork
--
Snorkey: all I see are masks, bump maps and textures.



No comments:

Post a Comment